"It's the energy and twisting of his forms that inspires me. I think there's a sense of movement in the sculptor's strength that can be captured. And instead of rendering it in two dimensions, dance can do it in three."

C'est bien l'energie de ses formes, les torsions qui m'inspirent. Je pense qu'il y a un sens du mouvement dans la force du sculpteur, que l'on peut capturer. Et au lieu de le rendre en deux dimensions, la danse le peut en trois.






Russell Maliphant Choreographer

Monday 19 December 2011

Hansjörg Schmidt

Hi everyone,
I'm Hansjörg and I am a lighting designer and Programme Director Lighting Design at Rose Bruford College in London. Three of my students are working on this project: Jessica, Karl and Nic, who are all third (final) year students on the BA (Hons) Lighting Design. I'm very much looking forward to seeing this project develop. In the meantime, above is a link to my website so you can get an idea of what I'm up to if not at college. If you want to have a look at what the lighting design programme is doing, find us on facebook, Rose Bruford Lighting Design. All the best, Hansjörg

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the project! I think some of the participants from the ENSAMAA school will get in touch with you soon because they also work on lighting design. You can have a look at the French school's websites, there're listed here under "Artists, Venues and Institutions": Lycée l'Initiative, Ecole Nationale supérieure d'Architecture Paris Val de Seine and ENSAMAA-Olivier de Serre. I hope you speak French! This project is an opportunity to learn anyway! And of course we're here to help you if needed.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.